WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS COURSE?
AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations provides occupational outcomes in agriculture, horticulture, conservation land management and up to four other related industries.
With this qualification you will perform tasks in a variety of contexts involving some judgement in selecting equipment and services. Depending on the units completed, you will be able to seek employment not only in rural industries but also other industry sectors such as construction, civil construction, local government and metals.
You will also have the opportunity to complete Industry Training Queensland (ITQ) subsidised courses – see our separate flyer and talk to us for more information
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification includes:
People wishing to work professionally in the rural, construction, civil construction, local government, or metals industries.
People already working in the above industries wishing to upgrade their skills.
Applicants attempting licencing units must comply with state licencing requirements.
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
AHC ELECTIVE UNITS – GROUP 1
- AHCMOM216 Operate side by side utility vehicles
- AHCMOM217 Operate quad bikes
- AHCMOM302 Perform machinery maintenance
- AHCMOM304 Operate machinery and equipment
- AHCWRK303 Respond to emergencies
- AHCWRK311 Conduct site inspections
IMPORTED UNITS – GROUP 2
- FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut felled trees
- FWPCOT3238 Operate a pole saw
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations
IMPORTED UNITS – GROUP 3 – CHOOSE THREE (3) FROM THE FOLLOWING
RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform – Scissor lift and Boom Lift (under 11 meters)
RIIMPO318F Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations
RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations
RIIMPO321F Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
*TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift licence
*TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
* State/Territory licensing and/or regulatory requirements and additional cost will apply. Please refer to this link https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/table-of-fees
Each qualification is expected to take up to 6 months to complete, however, some learners may wish to apply themselves to complete earlier.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES
Theory based training face to face using workbooks at Industry Training Qld offices.
Onsite trainers are available Monday to Friday and students have access to Industry Training Queensland training rooms.
Practical training is done at our purpose-built training facilities north of Townsville where you will undertake real life practical task.
Training times are from 8.00 am to approximately 4.00 pm each day.
A full qualification for AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations will be issued to applicants who meet the criteria required from the training package.
CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE
Vet Funding Eligibility Criteria
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a Queensland Government Initiative
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III level qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career. The program also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
Participant must be
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Are students eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee if I hold a qualification that is not an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification?
If you hold a bachelor degree or higher level qualification awarded by a tertiary college or university in Australia, you are not eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee as these qualifications form part of, and are nationally recognised within, the AQF.
If you hold a certificate level I to Advanced Diploma qualification issued prior to the introduction of the AQF in 1995, you are eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Can students complete more than one certificate III level qualification through Certificate 3 Guarantee program?
No. Students are entitled to access government subsidised training for 1 completed certificate III qualification. For this reason, it is very important that prior to signing and enrolment form and committing to a course of study which will use up the entitlement, you take the time consider the course you are choosing and to compare training options and costs.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Fact Sheet and FAQs
A student fact sheet and FAQs are available on the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website.
Contact us to sign up today!
07 4774 4114 firstname.lastname@example.org