Industry Training Qld (Provider Number 30477) Townsville offers RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces + MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
This course aims to prepare individuals to work safely and competently in or on confined spaces and to meet the legislative obligations for safe work in confined spaces. We include the MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres within this course to ensure the student is competent to use the gas test monitor to ensure the atmospheres is safe prior to entering a confined space, and to allow continuing monitoring of the area.
Students will be trained in the practical application. Learn to apply and work in confined spaces:
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Carry out hazard identification, assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Follow and apply isolation procedures and methods
- Understand and apply atmospheric management and monitoring
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Accurately apply and follow entry permits
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Follow rescue procedures
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
This is a one-day course we commence every week on a Friday, this course runs from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and a wallet size card ‘Competency ID Card’.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
If you require any further information, please contact Industry Training Qld.
07 4774 4144