Training Services Qld, RTO Provider Number: 41551 offers RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plans.
Who Should Attend: Participants will be those persons who are required to erect road work signage for their organisation.
AIM: The aim of this program is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to interpret and install the appropriate traffic guidance schemes to site requirements
On completion of this course, participants will be able to –
- Accurately read and interpret plans, specifications and quality requirements;
- Identify and include site specific requirements;
- Demonstrate that he / she can establish criteria to monitor the effectiveness of the work site signage and traffic flow;
- Correctly select the traffic guidance scheme that suits the site conditions;
- Conduct a pre-operational check of all equipment;
- Place the traffic guidance scheme devices in position according to legislation and in an appropriate manner;
- Monitor the flow and effectiveness of the traffic guidance scheme;
- Ensure traffic guidance scheme devices are removed;
- Record a detailed traffic guidance scheme that demonstrated accurate application of the work instructions
Be able to communicate well and MUST have sound literacy skills.
Participants will receive a copy of the current MUTCD – Part 3 Works on Roads to assist them in classroom participation.
Participants will undertake a Theory Assessment at the completion of the classroom training. Students are also required to demonstrate experience in the workplace by submission of the approved completed Third Party Verifications and Traffic Logs showing at least three (3) different site set ups of varying degrees of complexity.
If you think you may have difficulty in obtaining the Third Party Verifications please contact our office before enrolling to discuss.
Upon successful completion of the theory assessments, students will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Upon successful completion of the practical assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.
The theory component of the course will be delivered in a face-to-face format at Industry Training QLD or at the workplace depending on client requirements and numbers. The 3 x third party practical assessments may be completed on site under the direction and supervision of an appropriately qualified and experienced Supervisor (MUTCD qualified).
Please refer to the Industry Training QLD Website www.itq.net.au for a training calendar or contact us at the office on 07 47744144 to make a booking.