Hand and Power Tools
Use hand and power tools
DURATION – One Day
Monday to Friday 8.15am – 4pm
Cost – Please Call
Industry Training Qld (Provider Number 30477) Townsville offers RIISAM203E - Use hand and power tools.
About this Course
This unit describes a student’s skills and knowledge required to use hand and power tools in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry.
• plan and prepare to use hand and power tools.
• select and use hand tools.
• select and use power tools.
• conduct housekeeping activities.
• clearing work area.
• cleaning and maintaining equipment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded the Statement of Attainment, as
evidence that the formal training has been completed.
Resources/Methods of Delivery
• Participants are provided with a Learner Guide.
• This course is delivered using both indoor and outdoor instruction.
• 16+ years of age
• USI -- https://www.usi.gov.au/ (IF, you don’t have one)
• 3 forms of ID (see last page for details)
• Closed-in footwear, long sleeve shirt, long pants, safety boots, other PPEs including Hi-Viz, helmet,
gloves, safety glasses etc [limited spares available]
• Must be able to successfully complete an LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) quiz
If you require any further information, please contact Industry Training Qld.
07 4774 4144
|Unit of competency name
Use hand and power tools.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use hand and power tools in the resources and infrastructure industries. It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
The unit covers key features associated with using hand and power tools, including selecting hand tools appropriate for the work activity, inspecting tools for serviceability, and reporting faults, clamping or fixing materials in position for hand tool application according to workplace procedures, and using hand tools safely and correctly.